Greetings esteemed and knowledgeable Steampunks,
It is my pleasure to provide you with any and all information you require to help you with your panel. If, after this brief exposition, I have failed to elucidate any particular point, hesitate not to post a letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll work on keeping this list up to date with any questions that I feel have a general audience.
- Free badges will be provided to panelists who provide three hours of content.
- This includes the primary three panelists for any given panel.
- It will help us get you a badge if you’re either the primary panelist or listed as a panel helper for a panel.
- Make sure to check the appropriate box in the programming survey.
- If you didn’t think you were going to do enough hours, but now you are, email email@example.com
- We can not issue refunds for pre-registered badges based on panels. Please don’t pre-register if you plan on doing enough panels to receive a free badge
- If you want to do fewer panels than required but volunteer for the rest of your badge, please email programming@steampunkexhibition or volunteers@steampunkexhibition (or CC us both) and we’ll work out something
- If your panels are accepted, even if they are later canceled, your badge will be considered pre-registered and be available at con
- All rooms have a table and chairs for the panelist(s)
- All rooms have chairs for the guests
- The workshop room has large round tables for both the panelist(s) and guests
- Some rooms have a projector
- Some rooms have microphones
- Some rooms have speakers
- Be clear in your requirements if you need any special equipment
- Panel rooms will NOT have internet access
- To simplify the schedule for our guests, all panels will occupy full-hour time slots
- Your time slot must include 10 minutes of spare time to be divided into 5 minutes of setup and 5 minutes of teardown
- Even if you don’t need any setup/teardown time per-se, this gives time for your guests to arrive, be seated, file out and get to the next panel
- If you have a long panel and want give your guests a break, go for it. This is your time.
- We have an adult-only track specifically for 18+ content
- If you wish to give a panel with such content, please include that information on your form
- This track will be in a room distant from other panels. Look for it on the first floor near Con-ops/security
- This track will be ID checked so all attendees must provide some form of government-issued ID
- No heat sources
- If you plan to use paint or other marking items, please bring appropriate drop cloths
- If your workshop is likely to be messy, include that in the description as many guests will be wearing outfits that they don’t want ruined
- Power is available but please bring extension cords, as hotel power drops may not reach where you need to plug in..
- Please include an age range you believe to be appropriate (stuff for kids is always welcome!)